Up for a cycling challenge in 2018? We’d love you to join our Tour de Furness team on 9 September. You have a choice of four routes from 5 to 50 miles to test your physical fitness and take in some of the most breathtaking scenery the Furness peninsula has to offer.
- Event name: Tour de Furness cycle event 2018
- Date: Sunday 9 September
- Start location: Roose Conservative Club, Leece Lane, Barrow-in-Furness LA13 0EB
- End location: Roose Conservative Club, Leece Lane, Barrow-in-Furness LA13 0EB
- Distance: 5 miles, 13 miles, 23 miles or 50 miles
- Entry fee: early bird registration costs £15 for adults (16-64), £5 for seniors (65 and over) – juniors (under 16) are free. After 29 August 2018, adults and seniors will be £25, juniors free
- Book your place: register online on the Tour de Furness website (remember to select option 2 and enter ‘Bay Hospitals Charity’ – 80% will be donated to Bay Hospitals Charity and 20% to rotary charities)
- Join Team Bay Hospitals Charity: email Heidi Bowron at email@example.com or call her on 01229 404473.
Who can enter the Tour de Furness?
As long as you are over 10 years of age, of average fitness and with a bike in roadworthy condition, you can enter the 13, 25 and 50 mile routes.
Anyone under 16 yrs must be accompanied by an adult. Children should be 5 years and over for the Family Fun Ride. Why not form a team with friends or work colleagues and make a day of it?
Tour de Furness course options
- 5 miles – suitable for novices and families with children (age 5 and over)
- 13 miles – for family groups and leisure cyclists
- 23 miles – if you fancy doing more than 13 miles but not as far as 50!
- 50 miles – the “Furness 50” is suitable for cycling enthusiasts.
Cycling on the highway is a potentially dangerous activity. The Rotary Club of Furness expects all riders to carefully observe all the rules in the a strenuous activity and therefore all participants should be in a reasonable state of health. The organisers cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to personal effects, personal accident, injury or any public liability.
Riders are free to start when they wish after registering and obtaining their rider number.
- 50 mile ride – Check-in begins at 07:00 and ALL riders are expected to have started by 10:00
- 23 mile ride – Check-in begins at 08:00
- 13 mile ride – Check-in begins at 08:00
- 5 mile ride – Check-in begins at 09:00
All riders on completing their ride should report to their respective check-in desk and return their rider number. Any unable to do so please report by phone to the emergency number you have been issued.
It’s easy to get involved
- Let us know you are joining Team Bay Hospitals Charity! Email Heidi Bowron at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 01229 404473.
- Register online on the Tour de Furness website – early birds get a discounted £15 entry for adults (16-64) or £5 for seniors (65 and over), if you book by 28 August. The standard fee is £25 for adults and seniors. Juniors (under 16) ride for free.
- In the charity donation option on the registration form, select option 2 and enter ‘Bay Hospitals Charity’ – 80% will be donated to Bay Hospitals Charity and 20% to rotary charities.