John Murphy will guide us over the sands to Piel Island and Castle and explain the history of this beautiful area. The walk will take approximately one hour each way and is suitable for families (children must be 6 years and above).
- Event name: Piel Walk 2018
- Date: Sunday 8 July 2018
- Start time: 11am (registration opens at 10.30am)
- Duration: approximately 2 hours of walking – with a break on the island
- Start location and end location: Snab Point, Walney
- Distance: approximately 3 miles (1.5 miles each way).
- Terrain: sands
- Guide: John Murphy
- Entry fee: Adults £10, Children £5 (age 6 and over only – children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.).
- Sponsorship: We would like to encourage all participants to collect sponsorship and help raise more funds to improve patient experience across your local hospitals. If you are happy to collect sponsorship, you can pick up your free t-shirt from one of our Charity offices or at the event – we will also have t-shirts available for a small cash donation on the day.
- Refreshments: Walkers may like to take a picnic and / or you can purchase refreshments at the Ship Inn on the Island.
Book your place online
We are here to help every step of the way. If you have any questions about the event or need help with fundraising ideas, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 01524 516064.